Covid-19 sucks and has ruined a lot of lives. It has forever changed the course of how we live, do business, entertain and socialize. Although there is a lot of bad, for example, our favorite reality shows being put on hold, there is also a lot of good.
Spending a little time on the positives helps me accept all the changes we are experiencing. Here are some positives from Covid:
10. We can wear masks that can make you laugh. Yes masks are a big pain in the rear, but I love to see people take creative license in designing masks. One day I wear a mask with pretty ponies or butterflies, and the next day I wear my bedazzled Iron Maiden mask.
9. We can hide our ugly mug of a face and accentuate our beautiful eyes. Except maybe you are one of “those people” that walks around Wal-Mart with your mask below your nose. “Excuse me sir, but air and COVID virus comes out of your nose as well.”
8. Speaking of Wal-Mart, the People of Wal-Mart web site has become much more interesting … especially people who forget their masks and resort to different methods. Nothing is sacred, underwear included!
7. You can appreciate the people around you, and if you don’t have anyone around you, you can help others.
6. You can binge watch all those shows you have added to your Netflix list over the last 3 years because you can’t go to happy hour from 4 pm to 1 am.
5. You can actually learn something new online. Try a language, acting, painting, get a master’s in anything, your options are unlimited.
4. You are saving money because all you can do is hang out at home, appreciate the people around you while learning something new and avoiding happy hour from 4 pm to 1 am.
3. Or you are spending all your money online shopping. The good news is at some point, unless you are a hoarder, you will have all of your immediate and affordable wants, and you will save money again because you still can’t go out.
2. All of your online shopping is helping create jobs. Ordering online requires stockers, delivery people, re-stockers for all of your returns, manufacturers, who in turn have to buy supplies to make the goods, yadda yadda.
1. Last, you are helping the economy and the stock market by blowing up Amazon, Google, Etsy, E-Bay, Wal-Mart and every other retailer. Well done!
So keep up the positive work during Covid and stay safe!